Thursday 22 January 2015

TIME OUT Challenges - Valentines & Twist Hearts

Hey!

It's time for the next challenge over at TIME OUT Challenges! This fortnight is a theme challenge, the theme being...

 Valentines with the optional twist of Hearts


We have a FABulous sponsor for this challenge... STAMPlorationsThere are 2 ways to win prizes:

1. Twist with us (use hearts) and we will do a random draw and the winner will get a $15 voucher for the store.
2. Comment on Shery's post at stamplorations for this challenge and we will do a random draw and the winner will get a stencil pack from stamplorations.


Here is my take on the theme...





I decided to make a OL card and went for a floral heart. My 'go to' set at the moment is Background Builders: Vines again! I just love using the ditsy flowers, they make me happy :)

I started by die cutting a heart shaped mask from copy paper and temporarily adhered it to my card. I then used a trio of Memento Luxe inks and stamped my floral pattern. Once it was dry I added some Wink of Stella to the larger flowers, you can just about see the sparkle in the photo below...




This fortnight we have a lovely guest designer joining us, Valentyne, be sure to stop by Valentyne's blog Flourishtina to see how she was inspired by the photo and of course the FABulous TIME OUT Challenges Design Team...




For all the info and to link up your challenge be sure to stop by the TIME OUT Challenges blog. I look forward to seeing your creations :) I'll be back soon with more to share, until then, thank you for stopping by today.

Supplies
Card Stock: White (Boyes)
Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black. Memento Luxe Rose Bud, Love Letter & Angel Pink
Stamps: Uniko Studio Always & Forever & Background Builders: Vines
Accessories: Wink of Stella

14 comments:

  1. This is so pretty Bev, I love the pink and red together

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful stamping and a such a pretty card-this would also make a lovely Mother's Day card x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your gorgeous one layer card Bev. Loved how you've masked off the heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea to make an OL; this looks so fresh and beautiful! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this pop of colour, OL card Bev and I think BG builders vines is one of my favs too. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A one-layer wonder, Bev! The floral-created heart is stunning! Swooning...really swooning!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this one layer design, Bev! Those flowers look great in the vibrant pink and red :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this technique and really have to give it a go some time! This is lovely! Great stamps and colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty and feminine, Bev ... all the shimmer is fabulous! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bev - this is absolutely beautiful! Clean, simple and just fab!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a pretty heart--love your stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love everything about this card. The white space, the flowers and their colours, the simple sentiment. All together make a perfect card!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated